Sunday 20 November 2011

Would the real Marge Simpson Please stand up. And 22 weeks to go..

It's a good job this is not an audio blog, as right now I sound like Marge Simpson, with a cold. Although I thought the cold I have had for about a week was clearing up a bit, my voice seems to have gone a bit mental and raspy, while my throat is still really sore.

Now, I know all you female readers will be thinking "man flu, get over it", but I haven't been complaining and have been out and about etc. It just makes running pretty hard.  Despite this I still went out on Friday afternoon and managed a not too bad 6.5km in 39 mins 44 secs.  Not fast, granted, but still not too bad considering I have hardly been out and have felt rubbish. And I only had to slow to a walk a few times, as per normal (up the hills), its just on the flat I took it a bit easier.


After my run I went to see Stewart Lee at the Leciester Square Theater. If you haven't seen Lee before, then you are missing out, this guy is the best stand up of a generaltion. Essentially, his new show "Carpet Remnant World" is:


What can a sexless middle aged married man, whose life now consists mainly of watching Scooby Doo cartoons with a four year old boy, possibly find to write comedy about? Formerly stand-up’s youthful iconoclast, Lee now gawps blankly at News 24 as Britain burns down around him, and blinks weirdly at the vast wayside retail outlets during endless journeys to and from increasingly indistinct provincial theaters. Once he lived on the pleasure planet. Now he is trapped in Carpet Remnant World. And so are you.

I laughed like a drain, but his former comedy partner, Richard Herring, is doing even better. I saw "What Is Love Anyway" on Thursday night and was very impressed.

Back to running and I didn't do anything on Saturday or Sunday, but did go to the Tower of London for the first time since I was about 10. It was really good, very interesting and informative at the same time - probably the best tourist thing to do in London. So I might go for a run after work tomorrow, depending on how I feel. No running on Tuesday but I will be playing football, so that counts as training, right? Then maybe a quick run after work on Wednesday before going to watch proper football be played. 

However, it was also pointed to me that the marathon is 22 weeks from today! In fact, it is currently 21 weeks, 6 days and about 14 hours! And I still HAVE NO PROPER TRAINING PLAN!! So, my mission for this week is to find an achievable training plan that fits in around my normal everyday life. Any recommendations?!

No comments:

Post a Comment