Friday 4 November 2011

A stitch in time......

Day 2 of blogging and I already feel I have undermined my training regime somewhat with last night’s exploits.

At the moment I am concentrating on getting my 5km time down to a solid 25 mins, before then building the distance up, with the aim being that in a the next few weeks I should be able to complete 10km in 50 minutes or less.

Now, I know 50 mins is not exactly a searing pace, but remember I am training for a full marathon, so if I can hold that sort of speed for the entire distance then I should be able to get round in less than the four hours I am aiming for. 

However, just 3km in yest (running at 11.8km per hour – aiming for 12) I got a massive stitch. Does anyone else get these? Second time in a week for me, and it’s a pain in the arse. It was so painful I had to stop. I considered just going home, but instead did some weights stuff and then finished off the final 2 km. So no time set, but at least I did the distance!

It’s after the gym that I undermined my good(ish) work. Instead of a bowl of dry pasta, glass of water and off to bed (like a good little runner) I instead had 6 pints with my 5-a-side team, and failed to impress anyone in the local pub quiz. Oh, and had a curry as well.

So now, its mid afternoon and I am faced with a dilemma: Do I go to the gym after work today, even though I am tired and was a bit hung-over this morning (requiring the insertion of bacon sandwich) and struggle through another 5km, or do I sack it off and just go for a run in the outside world tomorrow morning, even if it is chucking it down? Why not let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

UPDATE: 
Didn't go running, came home and watched Die Hard 3, as I had never seen it before. It was Ace, and I loved the little in-joke with Pulp Fiction. So, up early tomorrow for a 5km, maybe 6.5 if it is not chucking it down!

2 comments:

  1. I'd go and have 6 pints again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe the insertion of the bacon sandwich was the pain in the arse rather than the stitch...

    ReplyDelete