Tuesday 22 November 2011

First session completed!

I have completed my first proper marathon training session! Not too hard though, my plan said I only needed to complete a 15 minute “jog” (however fast a “jog” is).  Beforehand I thought I would probably do closer to 25/30 minutes, as that is the sort of distance I have been running since I completed my half marathon at the back end of September.

However, it looks as if I have still got the last remnants of that cold kicking around as after about 10 minutes it felt like someone had put a belt across my chest and was slowly tightening it. After around 12 minutes I resigned myself to only doing the 15 and the getting off, but in the end I ran for just over 16 to complete a full 3km. Only a further 39.2 to go!

That said I feel much better today and although it is meant to be a rest day I will be out playing football this evening before our team’s Christmas dinner (curry).  Tomorrow is down for a 20 minute jog and I should be able to fit that in between finishing work and going to watch the football without too much trouble.  It is then meant to be two rest days and I probably won’t do any running on Thursday as we have our work Christmas party but I might try and squeeze in 25 minutes before going out on Friday night. But we shall see!

But I feel much better now I have a plan and have actually started to work towards the final goal. I work much better with specific targets ahead of me and the marathon itself still seems to be ages off but I am on the right path now.

No comments:

Post a Comment