Tuesday 8 November 2011

Another 6.5km and now onto the football!

Another 6.5km knocked off yesterday after work, in a none-too-shabby 34 mins 51 seconds. That is an average speed of 11.20kph fact fans, a fair bit faster than the 10.42kph achieved the day before, although of course that was set in the real world and not on a treadmill!

In addition, I also had a bottle of Lucozade sport to drink whilst running, as opposed to when I run outdoors when I can’t be bothered to carry around a drink, esp if I am doing less than 10k.  I have also used powerade in the past, which also seems to help me, but I am not sure it is really that much better than water. What does everybody else drink? Do you reckon it makes a difference?

Anyway, a night off running tonight, but not a night off training, oh no! Tonight is 5-a-side football – two 17 minute matches, with a break in the middle.  Now, I am no great shakes at football.  I would even say I am probably the worst player on the pitch but I make up for the skills deficiency but running round a lot and just barging into people, which seems to do the trick (unless they are bigger than me).  Although I am not the pacest player, I find that all the running I do means that I am as fast in the last minute as I am in the first, which is still not that fast but it does mean that everyone slows down to my pace towards the end of the match!   

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff sir - keep those runs coming. I did a 50k this time last year, best experience of my life. I will be following your blog very closely - Sharad

    ReplyDelete