Monday 14 November 2011

Record and Injury. Again. Sigh.

Happy Monday all

Sorry I haven't blogged over the weekend, but I do have a good reason. Sort of. Ready?

I didn't go running. Dun Dun Dah!

Well, I did go for a run on Friday night, but it has all fallen apart since then. I had a normal day at work and hit the gym just after 5 and smashed my way through 6.5km in a new recent pb of 34 mins and 45 secs! I ran at 11.4kph for the first 5km or so, had a walk for about a minute then pushed it up to 12kph for one km then for the final 500m I ratcheted the speed all the way up to 12.5kph.

I felt pretty good about myself after. As you may have noticed, I spent the first week of this blog doing 5km runs, then 6.5km, and then I should be running 7.5km this week. The aim is to slowly build up the speed and distance until I have a really good 10km base. I then hope to be able to hold that speed and once a week do a very long run (12-15km), one 10 km and a few 6.5km before a half marathon in late Feb.

I was never going to run on Saturday as direct from the gym I went to a leaving party and didn't get home until around 12ish, so was not feeling great on Saturday.  However yesterday I should have busted out a 7.5km but didn't, as I seem to have picked up a bit of a cold and on top of this my right calf was once again feeling a bit tight.

I was not too worried, as I have got this week off work, but I still feel a bit urgh today, so have instead just watched a bit of TV and done a massive tidy up at home. Oh, and played a lot of Football Manager, the best and most addictive game in the world, and pretty much the only computer game I still play now I am in my late 20s.

So, the plan is that tomorrow I will do a 5km run in the morning and then I am playing football tomorrow evening and I should then hopefully be able to do a 6.5km on Wednesday and then up to 7.5km on Thursday. Fingers crossed......

No comments:

Post a Comment