Friday 25 November 2011

Sorry for the late postings, and 2 runs down!

Hmm, sorry about the lack of a post in the last few days. I though I had put something up earlier in the week, but it appears to have disappeared. Good thing I write this in Word and then paste across, so I have still got some of it knocking around!

So, after Monday’s somewhat difficult run I then played football on Tuesday night. In our first match we lost 2-0, although I am pretty sure the first goal was over head high and the second didn’t cross the line – Sepp, bring in goal line technology across the board! It was a disappointing result given we played pretty well, but there you go.

The second match was much better, with our team winning one nil! Another great defensive performance, although I was slightly disappointed by the fact I was put clean through, and despite having all the time in the world, I had visions of a great left foot volley and needless to say, I smashed it wide.  However, it was a good work out and my cold seems to have taken a back seat.

Back to running and I dashed down to the gym on Wednesday for the second official session on the training plan. I was down for a 20 minute run, but ended up doing 4km in about 21 minutes, and was not totally shagged out afterwards, which I assume means I am getting back towards normal fitness (for me at least). A quick shower later and off to the football (watching), but surprisingly only 2 pints.

So, I am pretty pleased with my first two runs, and tonight and meant to be doing a 25 minute jog, which I will probably round up to 5km in around 26/27 minutes.  However it was the work Christmas party last night (I know, still only Nov etc etc) so I imagine it could be a bit of a struggle.  I am then meant to be on a rest day tomorrow before doing an hour on Sunday, though that hour is not meant to be run at pace, so I think I will do 6.5km as quickly as possible (around 27 minutes probably) and then have a brisk walk for the final 20 minutes.

BUT I am meeting Bob Wilson on Sunday, so I will probably swap the days round. Bob (Mr Wilson to you) is the patron for the charity I am running the marathon for (find the Willow Foundation here) and before he was the ITV sports presenter, he played in goal for Arsenal, winning the double in the 1970/71 season (winning the league at White Heart Lane no less), so I am super excited to meet him. It takes my tally of Gunners up to three, having met Perry Groves and Steve Bould in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment