Friday 11 November 2011

Karma in action

Well, that’s Karma in action. I wrote about trying to balance running and life yest, but then failed to do so. By the time I got into the gym and was underway I only had time to do a quick 4km before I had to jump off and make my way home so I could go the gig. Hey ho, can’t win them all, and I did still manage to fit the gym and a gig into a day that also included 9.5 hours of work, so not a complete failure, just not a success.

Still, I’ll have another go tonight. A friend is moving to Oz and has her leaving party tonight, which starts around 6, so the plan is to finish work, hit the gym and nail through 6.5km and then walk the 25 mins to the pub and party. That should mean I burn off around 700 calories, which means three guilt free pints! Not sure where I will fit dinner in, but it will probably be a take away on the way home, though that does not really help with the weight loss!

Speaking of which, I still weight 100.7kg, according to the scales in the gym. I did kick them round a bit to see if they would give me a better reading elsewhere, but in some places the weight went up, so I will just leave them where they are for now.

Sticking with last night, I can recommend going to see Naked and Famous if you get the chance. They are a Kiwi Rock/Electro band – something different from the usual landfill indie dirge or crappy R’n’B and the Roundhouse is a pretty decent venue, so a good night had by me and the Mrs. For a proper review, give this a whirl (ignore the bit where it says they are indie, they are deffo not): http://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2011/11/11/the-naked-and-famous-ignite-the-roundhouse-with-electro-indie-anthems/

I have the week off, so am looking at doing a few extended runs during the days (as long as it is not freezing cold), and there is a 10km in Hyde park on Sunday, which I am tempted by, although I am not sure I fancy getting up at 6am on Sunday 22nd to go and run round a cold park, esp if it is raining! Might leave it to mid week and make a decision then. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment