Thursday 1 December 2011

Knowing me, knowing you,. Ah ha!


It looks as if I am getting ahead of my training plan, but I am sure that will come back to bite me in the ass at some point soon, sort of. Last night I was meant to run for 35 minutes and to be honest I felt as if I was running with the wind behind me for once, as I didn't have to slow to a walk and it all felt relatively ok.

However, I actually only ran for 30 minutes, as I was running late to meet a mate and didn’t want to keep him waiting for too long. Bit it was a lovely run, I felt full of energy and could have gone on for another 5, 10 minutes I’m sure. In the end I did 5.6km in 30 minutes which is not too bad.  So, although I was 5 minutes under yesterday I did run an additional 20 minutes on Monday and am off to the gym again tonight on what should be a rest day!

I think one of the main differences to yesterday’s run was a change in music. In fact, I ditched music all together. Ah Ha! Instead I am listening to “I, Partridge”, the Alan Partridge autobiography on audio book. I’m not normally one for audiobooks but this is classic as it is read by the man himself, containing quotes such as “I woke with a start. At first I assumed I’d trumped myself awake again.” And “Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle. And I did not want to end up with the tea-drinking equivalent of AIDS.” Not only did this distract me but I found it easier to hold a steady pace, something that I have been struggling with, so maybe this is the solution. It might also help me catch up with some of the podcasts I listen to.

Anyway, back to running and I should only be doing 30 minutes tonight but am going to go for 35, which I should be running on Saturday, and then have a crack at 7.5km outdoors on Saturday on a new route. Ohhhh! But it depends on how Friday night goes to be honest..And the rain. And the cold (though i do own some running tights - picture to follow!). On the other hand, I am far more motivated now than this time last week (see Monday's post for why).

No comments:

Post a Comment