Wednesday 21 December 2011

Stupid body fail


Hmm, this mixing life and training thing has come back to bite me on the ass.  I had Sunday off as I couldn’t be arsed to go for a run, but promised myself that I would do a nice long run on Monday to make up for it, with another one on Tuesday, small jog on Wednesday and something mega on Thursday.

However, my body has other ideas.  I had a normal day on Monday and then hit the gym directly from work.  I then had a really positive session, smashing through 8.5k (just over 5 miles) in 46 and a bit minutes, with no slowing down to a walk. I could have gone on as well but was meeting some old work mates for some Christmas drinks, so had a quick shower and left the gym.

Now, this is where it starts to go wrong. I had a few beers and some chips etc, nothing out of the ordinary. However on Tuesday morning I was feeling pretty rough, and just assumed I had a bit of a hangover. I had a bacon sandwich (standard hangover cure) and ploughed on through work. As the day went on though I felt worse and worse, culminating in being sick at work, a lovely experience. I then experienced the symptoms of food poisoning (according to the Internet) so went home.

So unsurprisingly since Monday’s positive work out I have done nothing and can’t see me doing anything after work today, which is a pain as the plan was to go to the gym and then onto a birthday party, but there you go.

Hopefully I can still get a workout in after work tomorrow, but we shall see….

No comments:

Post a Comment