Friday 9 December 2011

Snot very nice, maybe I can hire the A-Team?


Grrrrrr, sniff.

As you can tell, I have got another stupid cold, and am not happy about it. I have no idea why I have had three colds in as many months, I have had a pretty decent run (pun intended) through 2011 but that is all over now.

Still, I managed to get out for a decent 30 minutes on Wednesday, knocking through 30 minutes as dictated by The Plan, as I have now started refereeing to it.  In fact I did it with no great problems at all, despite the fact I could already feel the cold coming on.

I put this down to my awesome new trainers arriving! I now have some Brooks GTS 11 and I realise how “dead” my old trainers are.  I had been putting off getting new ones as I didn’t want to change trainers in the run up to the half marathon I did at the end of September and was then a bit skint.

However I wish I had done it earlier! The support, the comfort, the spring in my step, it is like having totally new feet! It’s a pity I haven’t be able to use them since then as I was down for 35minutes last night, but just sat at home eating a pile of veggies and watching the A-Team film. It is total rubbish, but strangely watchable. I would watch the sequel but it appears it didn’t make enough money, so there is no A-Team 2 forthcoming at this point. Boo!

So, anyway, as soon as I have cleared this cold or it has at least receded I will be back running. I am meant to be doing a 90 minute ramble on Sunday, but there is no chance of that although maybe I might be able to do a 30 minute light jog. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment