Tuesday 6 December 2011

A new route, Banksy paintings and the weigh in...

Sorry for the recent lack of blogging. No excuses, just didn’t get round to it.

But I have been busy running, oh yes! And that’s what it is all about in the end.

So, last time I blogged I had ran a ¼ marathon the day before, in a not too shabby 57.30 (see below).  After that I need to have Friday off, and after work went out to celebrate a friend’s 30th birthday. I may well have had a shandy too many, and didn’t feel like running on Saturday morning. Or Saturday afternoon. And I went to see Ash at the superb Highbury Garage on Saturday night.  They are promoting their Best of Ash album, and tickets were only a fiver! A really great gig, and lots of bouncing around and not much beer, which equals exercise in my book!

On Sunday morning I actually set an alarm and got up for a run so I wouldn’t waste the day! Now, I am not good at running in the mornings. I find I have way less energy and my legs feel stiff, no matter how much I warm up, so I just trend to avoid mornings and run after work. Not an option here but I didn’t need to run fast, as I was only down for a 75 minute ramble. In the end I went for a slowish 7.5km run up and around Stoke Newington, an area we are thinking of maybe moving to next year.

The bits I ran through were pretty nice, and I even saw a few paintings/graffiti by Banksy along the way (depending on your point of view). In fact that is a lie. I saw loads, all over the shop, some really good and other less so. Now, I think some of his stuff is pretty impressive, but the number of them kinda takes the edge off it, especially when there are around 20 that I know off in a 30 minute walk from my house.

Anyway, I digress. After a slow run we went to Kensington palace, which we didn’t know has currently got the builders in. So instead they have scaled it back to become the “Enchanted Palace”, with the state apartments shut off and other bits and bobs added. It was ok, but probably not worth the £12 admission.

I then had yesterday off, and decided to do a big run, even though the training plan (now in week three, it is flying by) only says to do an 30 minute jog. I went to the gym (too cold to run outside for long!) and did 45 minutes instead, covering just over 8km.

Plus, I weighed myself. Now, I know I said I would do regular weight updates, but I haven’t really weighed myself much and when I have not much has happened. In addition this set of scales is different, as I was at a different gym. Nonetheless, it said I am now 99.4kg, down from 100.7kg when I started this blog around a month ago. Not a massive drop, but I have had a cold in that time, plus a few big nights out. So, a move in the right direction and hopefully this will gather pace as the training ramps up! No training tonight though, football instead. It’s all in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment