Monday 6 February 2012

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


Wow, that was cold.

I had Friday off after my 17km run on Thursday, as I was feeling a bit sore and also a little tired, and instead went to the pub for a few beers to catch up with some friends I have not seen for a while due to the training.

However I didn’t drink enough to stop me going for a run, outside, in the cold on Saturday morning.  The plan was to try and do a 10km, even though it was only around 38 hours after I had finished the 17km.  This idea was soon binned though when I went outside. Even though I had all my cold weather running gear on (see picture!) it was still blooming freezing!


As I now have my all singing, all dancing GPS watch I can alter my route but still maintain the correct time, distance and pace information so after around 10 minutes in the cold I thought that a quick 5km and back inside into the warm would be the best solution.

It didn’t quite work out that way though, as the new route I planned in my head was a bit longer than I guessed it would be, and I ended up doing 7.16km in just over 41 minutes, giving me a pace of 5.44.  Not too bad considering I was a bit knackered and it was cold, although I was back to my old habit of running fast and then walking, probably due to the weather.

This brought my weekly mileage up to around 40km, leaving me a little short of adding 10% to the previous week’s distance of 42km, so I headed out on Sunday to do another 6km to level things off. It was too cold and slippery to actually run outdoors though, so I trudged to the gym to just get through it on the treadmill and tick it off. In the end I did 6.26km in 34 minutes and that was that.

I have woken up this morning with a bit of a cold though, so instead of doing the planned 12km this evening it looks like I am going to have to stay at home and try and make sure it does not get worse so I can do the Windsor half in……………12 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment